5/9/13

hello, beautiful
















Oh, this city.  
I don't think I've been more blown away by the beauty of this neighborhood than this spring.  It's been absolutely celestial.  If I imagine heaven.... there's got to be this many cherry blossoms, magnolia trees, etc. everywhere.  These pictures were from our anniversary weekend.  Nelson surprised us with a picnic at Piers Park in East Boston.  I wish I could have spent every day there during this blossoming part of the year.  In a bittersweet moment though, it's been starting to fade.  Neon pink turns to baby pink to white.... to green.  Not just any green, but the brightest green you've ever seen.  It's fascinating to see this vivid of colors everywhere and I do love the green, but there was something so magical about cherry blossoms floating around you.  A light pink snow enveloping you in it's airy music.  Breathtaking.  

I guess it's about time we say it..... but in a blink of an eye, our time here in Boston has come to an end. We will be spending the next chapter of our lives in Chapel Hill, North Carolina!! Another pretty portion of this country.  We really are lucky to be putting roots down in some gorgeous places.  The thought of moving brings pangs of all different emotions.  One hand, I am so sad to leave this place. our home. especially since seeing this spring.  It saddens me that Auden is leaving before being able to comprehend and experience Boston.  The other hand, Chapel Hill is so alluring... with it's siren song of comfortable, more suburban-like living.  Oh, but I have loved living in this city!  The fact that we essentially only use the car once a week has been fabulous.  So many activities available at the tip of our fingers.  So attainable.  But Chapel Hill feels right.  We know this is where we are supposed to be, and because of that, the pain of saying goodbye lessens a little bit.  For those who haven't been able to see us while we've lived here.... don't worry!  A part of us will always be here and we'll be happy to come visit with you. Also, anyone up for renting a beach house along the coast of NC?  Won't that be a bucket full of fun?? :) 

P.S. I realize that these pictures are very similar to our Forest Hills Cemetery adventure...
I guess I like to throw nature in Auden's face?? ;) He sure does love it though. 

4 comments:

  1. Oh the Cherry Blossoms.. I have heard so much about them. Will they be in NC? I'm glad you announced this beautiful news although you didn't really explain why... Will that be another post? yes yes yes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ginnie! I don't know if you remember me, but I blog stalk you occasionally ;) Anyway, we moved from Boston last August to just outside Charlotte, NC, then we had a baby (Madeleine) in October, and we're currently on a some work assignments with my husband's work (Portland, OR and then Germany) but then we will be back permanently (?) in Charlotte in November! Just letting you know that we are apparently following each other around the country. Maybe we'll see each other sometime. We've heard the Outer Banks are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss your posts beautiful person!!! Give that handsome baby boy kisses from his auntie!

    ReplyDelete